#HomeVisiting Twitter Storm: 2 – 3 pm ET, Wednesday, 3/12
Goal: Make members of Congress to take notice by making #HomeVisiting a trending topic. Be sure to tag members of your local delegation in your tweets—particularly if they sit on one of the committees with jurisdiction over MIECHV.
- Senate Finance Committee members http://www.finance.senate.gov/about/membership/
- House Ways & Means members http://waysandmeans.house.gov/about/members.htm
- House Energy & Commerce members https://energycommerce.house.gov/about/membership
1) Tweet in the lead-up to 2pm Wednesday to gain some momentum:
- If Congress doesn’t act, the Maternal, Infant & Early Childhood #HomeVisiting Pgm expires in Sept. Take action & tweet w/us on 3/12 at 2ET!
- The #HomeVisiting pgm will expire in Sept w/o action from Congress. Join the tweet storm on 3/12 at 2ET to show that you want action!
- Demand action from Congress! Join the twitter rally for #HomeVisiting on 3/12 at 2ET
- Tell Members of Congress you want them to save the #HomeVisiting program! Tweet with us on 3/12 at 2ET using #HomeVisiting.
2) Download graphics for social media at http://bit.ly/1crbXrL and share them using the hashtag #HomeVisiting.
3) Send a few tweets between 2pm ET and 3pm ET on 3/12 using the #HomeVisiting hashtag. Below are lots of sample tweets for you to use however you see fit:
- @YourSenator #HomeVisiting works for children and families. Reauthorize MIECHV now.
- Invest in stronger families & communities in STATE. Reauthorize #HomeVisiting @YourRepresentative
- #HomeVisiting programs make a difference for families in all 50 states. Invest in STATE’s future. Reauthorize MIECHV. @YourSenator
- #HomeVisting increases family self-sufficiency, lowers health care costs & reduces need for remedial #education @YourRepresentative
- #DYK that federal #HomeVisiting was first funded by President GW Bush? Investing in kids & families is a bipartisan issue. Reauthorize MIECHV now.
- #HomeVisiting is a voluntary program that empowers families & supports kids. @YourSenator reauthorize MIECHV now.
- #HomeVisiting is a voluntary program that empowers families to create better opportunities for their kids. @YourSenator reauthorize MIECHV now.
- #HomeVisiting helps vulnerable parents become stronger, more independent & loving families. Don’t let funding run out!
- W/ #HomeVisiting, young #parents who want help get the #education & family support skills they need to help their children succeed
- Get the facts: #HomeVisiting is a voluntary, cost-effective federal/state partnership w/ long-standing support from both parties
- #HomeVisiting programs that give family support & coaching are proven to be a sound strategy for strengthening families and saving money
- Congress: reauthorize #HomeVisiting funding this spring to ensure thousands of community-based efforts continue to support #parents in need
- Voluntary #HomeVisiting promotes positive parenting & family self-sufficiency! Tell [your Rep/Sen] to save its funding
- #HomeVisiting leads to improved health, school readiness & economic self-sufficiency for families & children. Don’t let funding lapse
- Learn more about some of the evidence-based #HomeVisiting models: @NatPAT @HFAatPCA @NFP_nursefamily @HIPPYUSA
- If Congress doesn’t act, many #HomeVisiting programs could close this year – tell [your Rep/Sen] to keep this key program for #parents
- What’s 1 way to help young #parents return to school or work & help their children start strong? Voluntary #HomeVisiting!
- #HomeVisiting gives states flexibility to design programs that best suit their needs. Make sure this funding to help #parents is saved!
- Tell [your Rep/Sen] – Congress must act NOW to build stronger families & children across America – save #HomeVisiting!
- Voluntary #HomeVisiting programs have boosted HS completion & moved families toward independence & better lives
- Voluntary #HomeVisiting programs have improved children’s school readiness & nurtured healthy families – don’t let funding run out!
- Want to know more about #HomeVisiting? http://shar.es/R7XIU describes the Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting Program
- The Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting Program (MIECHV) is at risk of losing funding! Tell Congress to save #HomeVisiting