February 5-9, 2017
- What Drives the Cost of Early-Childhood Programs? Here’s a Tool to Find Out
- Is Targeted or Universal Preschool More Popular? The Answer May Surprise You.
- Are Community Colleges the Key to Improving Early-Childhood Education?
- The Federal Government Spends a Lot More on the Elderly Than on Children. Should It?
The Wall Street Journal
- An Early-Learning Strategy: Using Storytelling to Bring Math to Life (Video)
- Tamy Duckworth on why America’s paid family leave needs to get with the times
- A Pediatrician’s Advice for Treating Student Trauma
- Navajo president says he’ll OK emergency Head Start funding
- Upfront investments can ward off ‘horrible outcomes’
Arizona Daily Star
- Arizona Latest State Taking Steps To End Preschool Expulsions
- Gubernatorial candidate Jared Polis wants to make preschool and full-day kindergarten free. That could prove tough.
- From Age 3 to Grade 3: How Atlanta Promotes School Readiness and Achievement
- Using Data and Research to Strengthen Early Learning Efforts in Atlanta
- Many preschool teachers are scared of teaching STEM. Here’s a solution that might help
PBS News Hour
- Kansas superintendents tout investments in early-childhood education
The Topeka Capital-Journal
- Program pitched as antidote to early literacy woes
- Guest Commentary: Every Student Succeeds Act Represents True Opportunity For Quality Early Education
- Making Elementary School A Lot More Fun: Like Preschool!
- MIT and Harvard join forces to address early childhood literacy
- Success for every child, and how one Michigan county falls short
- WNMU’s Early Childhood Education Program achieves high marks
Silver City Sun-News
- Funding request to help Navajo Head Start approved
Farmington Daily Times
- Early childhood education teaches Olympic skills | Opinion
- Council and Commission Talk Pre-K and Workforce Development
Memphis Daily News
- Pre-K, Early Learning Front Of Mind At Education Forum
Texas Public Radio
- SXSW speakers suggest Pre-K may lower crime rates
- Home visiting: A first step for a healthier future
- Vermont Faces Child Care Shortage, Report Says
Associated Press | 3/6/18